Friday, March 4, 2011

Who Sucks?

Ok, lurking smart mommas out there...time to reveal yourselves and all your wisdom, cause this momma needs some advice!

See that super cute pic at the top of my cartoon family (done by Cara at Sweet Memory Graphics...go get one! ;)) ....well would ya look at the newest teeny addition? Adorable..and the best part is, he's suckin a paci.

HELP!!!

How do I get my NON cartoon boy to suck a paci??

I know that there are lots of opinions out there about paci sucking...I don't want those. I've decided already to try my darndest to get Little K to suck one, but since NONE of my other 3 babes would, it's either a genetic thing, or their mother doesn't know the secret to sucking. Probably the later. SO!!

REVEAL ALL!!

If you have or have had a paci sucking baby...
What brand worked for you?
What age did you first offer it?
And is there some secret method to making him like it?

I'm very proud of my cartoon son for mastering this so quickly, and have no doubt, with a little help from you, my Little K will be a paci sucker in no time. ;)

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Christy said...

gripe water.... (the one without alcohol)(or with, watever works ;) I wont judge!) Emma had bad tummy bubbles so that eased it- she was suckin that pasie from the start! she loved her shoother BUT when it was dipped in Gripe-water she REALLY loved it :)..... good luck!

Cara said...

I used the Soothie brand pacifiers and bottles with both of my children and it is the number one brand my mom (a postpartum doula) recommends to new mothers. Good luck! PS- such CUUUTE cartoons :)

Amy S said...

Bexi ... Wyatt was a baby that was *ahem* stubborn lol ... wait what am i saying? WAS? STILL IS lol .... lol ..... I would try to fib and say he gets it from his father but hey .... that would be the pot calling the kettle black LOL ..... Anywho lol ... he would SO NOT take just any paci ... and the only one he magically took from about 1-2 weeks.... was the Gerber Nuk like the smallest one they had! he was a BIG grown 11 month old.... and would not take the BIGGER size! Only that newborn size! HE LOVD THEM! till close to a year when he just dropped em like they was nothin!

melissa said...

Well you know I has Two sucking Babies but they weren't at first .Its just like potty training you have to keep putting it back in there mouth till they suck it themselves. With my boy I found he liked totally different pasi then my girls did. He liked the straight paci with no curve and a little bit bigger then newborn. Plus i have to tell you this, once you have a paci baby you have to have at least at least 4 to 3 paci on hand at all times they go missing and if you can find him one well you can guess what will happen. I used the Avent paci that come with a cover they are great but you really have to try the ones you what him to like, between two kinds, start working from there. One of my lady friends put two small elastic bands around the baby ears so it wouldn't fall out of her mouth, that was her problem she wanted it but if kept falling out . but she could spit it out if she wanted to . lol hope that helped !