Today, while Queen S was dressing up her paper dolls, she made a comment which got my attention rather quickly. She stated as-mater-of-factly, "I am going to be a real Mom very soon." Excuse me? Was this her idea of dropping her pregnancy announcement on the "soon-to-be" Grandma? I decided to ask her what precisely that means...to be a real Mom...and she replied with what appeared to be a very well thought out list of reasons to pursue motherhood.
- "Well, first, I have to get married (yep, raised her right)...to Daddy." (Hmm, maybe not.)
- "Then I'll drink pop. "(Ahhh! The forbiddden fruit in our house.)
- "Then, since I'm a Mommy (which so far has nothing to do with childbearing whatsoever), I will stay up very very late, like 9 o'clock, and talk on my phone to the mail-lady. "(I have NO clue who that might be)
- "And then I will take my kids shopping (ahh, there are the kids), and I will buy them chocolate eggs because they have perfect behavior." (HA! I am peeing my pants now, just WAITING for the next reason to become a mother.)
- "And if I'm a Mom, then I'll get an earring in my nose." (Payback's a %*&*, hey Mom? At least I waited till 19 to drop THAT one on YOU!)